2 Birthdays to celebrate

On the 23rd of October, my co-worker, Nancy, will be celebrating her birthday and on the 25th of October, my mother in law, Mary Jo, will be celebrating her birthday.   So while thinking of what to bake for them, I ran across a recipe from http://thesouthernladycooks.com/2011/10/18/lemon-banana-poppy-seed-muffins/.   If you haven't checked out her website, you don't know what you have been missing. 

These muffins looked so good on the website that I immediately ran out to Wal-Mart to get all the ingredients before I made my 30 minute ride home.   I was so surprised how quick and easy these muffins were.  And to my surprise again, these were the most moist and fluffy muffins that I have made in a while (but as most of my friends and family know, I never cook as long as the recipe says.)   I hope these two women enjoy the muffins as much as I enjoyed baking them and having my house smell so good.   Not so good for my CalorieKing diary.  But I must admit that it was definitely worth the splurge.

LEMON BANANA POPPY SEED MUFFINS


1 box Betty Crocker Moist Lemon Cake Mix with pudding in the mix
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
2 bananas, mashed
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 cup nuts of your choice, optional
 
Mix cake mix, oil, milk, and eggs with mixer.  Fold in mashed bananas and add poppy seed.  Spray muffin tins and bake in preheated 350 degree oven 15 – 20 minutes.  Makes 16 to 18 muffins depending on size you make them.
 
 Glaze Recipe
1/2 to 1 cup powdered sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
 
In a small bowl whisk together enough powdered sugar and lemon juice to make it runny.  Drizzle over warm muffins.   I used 1 cup powdered sugar and little more than 3 tablespoons.  I guess the humidity and elevation might have something to do with it.   Still very good and lemony.
 
This recipe made one dozen large muffins (no nuts) and two dozen miniature muffins (with nuts).
 
Enjoy and don't forget to check this website out.

Comments