Good-bye 2018

2018 came and went with many rewards and struggles

January 2018

February 2018

March 2018
     Celebrated our daughter's 29th birthday!   How did this happen?

April 2018
     Celebrated my birthday one day after I had eye surgery to remove a ptygerium.  Not cancerous but just a nuisance.  It is caused due to wind and sun exposure

May 2018
     I somehow developed a severe intestinal virus that lasted for two months.   Joel and I took a road trip to Crosett Arkansas to support our great niece, Carson Grannon on her high school graduation.  We are very proud of Carson and wish her only the best at Henderson State University.  
     Sam and his friend, Chelsea Jennings, took a road trip that brought them straight to Texas via Colorado.  We loved the time spent with those two.   We took a road trip to Natchitoches, LA to celebrate mine and Joel's 17th anniversary.  It was great having the kids along with us.   We ate at the restaurant, The Mariner's, which was the place that Joel had proposed to me.  I loved everything about that day.

June 2018
     Celebrated my husband's birthday on the 18th and son's birthday on the 14th!   Also a celebration was my son's divorce that came as a surprising gift for my husbands 56th birthday LOL.   So thankful that he is over this time in his life and can move forward.
     For Joel's birthday we spent a couple days in Houston, mainly around the Galleria area.  We love the city life!!!!
     We celebrated Sam's birthday by delivering him a new vehicle.  He wrecked his Ranger in Illinois when an elderly lady pulled out in front of him.   Sam and Chelsea drove half way to Arkadelphia, Arkansas.   I drove up earlier that day by myself and enjoyed some quiet time.   Joel had to work so he showed up after work.    We had one night together but it was an amazing trip.

July 2018
     Started a new job as the Misdemeanor Administrator for the Tyler County District Attorney.

     Celebrated out grandson's13th birthday.   Seems like yesterday that he came into this world.   So blessed to have this young man in our lives.

August 2018
     On the 2nd of August, my husband and I were doing our normal morning walk, at 5:30 a.m., when I fell in a pot hole and broke my left ankle.  This is the second time this ankle has been broken.  On the 11th of August, we took our grandson, Elijah, to St. Louis, Missouri for his belated his birthday gift.   Our son is stationed at Scott Air Force Base just outside of St. Louis.   We toured the base, ate out at some amazing restaurants, visited the ARCH along with the City Museum.

September 2018
     Joel and I spend Labor Day at one of our favorite places to visit.....Hughes Landing!
    My mother married Billy Fondren.   They have gone to church together for some time and with their mates deceased, it seemed the right thing to do.   So excited for them.
     Our daughter and her husband, Sky, celebrated their one year anniversary.

October 2018
     A few days away in Fort Worth had us at the State of Texas Fair.    First time I had visited this place and I will forever put it on my list for future visits.

November 2018
     Celebrated Thanksgiving early with our daughter and son-in-law along with our 2nd grandson, River Andrew, in celebrating his 1st birthday.   We have so much to be thankful for and extremely blessed.

December 2018
     On December 4th my dear friend, Sandy Castilaw, went to be with the Lord.   This lady was such an inspiration to me.   She would text me almost every single day.   Her words of encouragement kept me inspired and motivated.   She will be missed by so many but I know that she is in no pain and worshiping with our heavenly father.  My hope is knowing that we will be reunited again in heaven.  I love and miss you Sandy!!
     We went to our daughters and took their Christmas to them and participated in having family pictures taken.   Not one of my favorite things to do but it was all in fun and making memories.
     On the 14th of December, I was notified that I was not a team player with the current Asst. District Attorney and I was being terminated.  This was such a blow since I had worked extra hard for the interim DA in getting the office ready for the new incoming DA.   After the realization that I was unemployed, I realized that all things happen for a reason and accepted it with God's help and am moving forward and looking to see what the Lord has in store for me in 2019.
     Tyler State Park is one of our favorite outdoor places to unwind.   We went and walked out in the park.   We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Tyler and enjoyed the many amenities this town has to offer. We attended a Christmas Eve Candlelight Serviced at FBC-Tyler.    This was an amazing experience and I look forward to attending many more.    Tyler is one of those cities that we dream about moving to one day.  Even Joel has been checking into the area for moving in a couple years.   Who knows we might end up in the city after all.

Wishing you a wonderful and Christ filled 2019!


Comments