I did want to bake something that was ALL good. While searching on pinterest, http://www.pinterest.com/, my newest addiction, I ran across a great blueberry muffin and wanted to share with you. Hope you enjoy as much as I did. The website linked to the muffins is my newest love: http://www.yourcupofcake.com/. I know you will enjoy this website as much as I have. I'm sharing directly from her blog so she gets the full credit for this post. Thanks for allowing me to share and give you a plug, Lizzy Mae! Now head her to her blog and find you something sweet and tasty.
Beautiful Blueberry Muffins
½ cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 egg, well beaten
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1 cup fresh or ¾ cup frozen blueberries
½ tsp flour for blueberries
¼ cup sugar or brown sugar (I used white)
1 Tbsp butter softened
½ tsp cinnamon
This was a picture of my blueberry muffin taken from my Ipod Touch. Doesn't look beautiful but very tasty. I think I'm needing a new "fancy" camera. Hint Hint!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix egg, milk and oil (using a fork works well).
4. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
5. Mix blueberries with ½ tsp flour and then gently fold into the batter.
6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
7. Prepare streusel: mix dry ingredients and then cut butter into mixture until it turns into crumbs.
8. Sprinkle over muffins.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops spring back.