I'm finally getting to use my new loaf pan which is 12" by 4-1/2".
It is a KAIZER / Made in Germany
This was a great find in Hot Springs at TJMaxx
- 1 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 eggs
- 3/4 cup berries, cleaned and cut if needed
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line jumbo muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt with wire whisk.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add buttermilk, oil, extract and eggs. Stir just until combined.
- Fold in berries.
- Fill muffin liners 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 22- 25 minutes for jumbo muffins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from muffin tray and cool on a rack.
Handle the batter as little as possible – too much handling will cause the muffins to be tough.
use any berries or combination of berries you like.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6
My recipe made 11 but I may not have put enough batter in each muffin. I was trying to save calories.