In the Mood for BAKING!

I've purchased alot of blueberries, strawberries and raspberries lately and decided it was time to make something with these before they ruined.   I first had to make my wonderful Sour Cream Banana Nut Bread to save the bananas.  Thank goodness these will freeze until I need them next Sunday. 

 I'm using my RADA Cutlery Handi Stir.   I hope the more I use this the better shape my arms will get. 
It never hurts to dream


I'm finally getting to use my new loaf pan which is 12" by 4-1/2".
It is a KAIZER / Made in Germany
This was a great find in Hot Springs at TJMaxx

So I started searching and came up with this wonderful Berry Muffin.  It was so easy and the results were great.  They aren't too sweet.   Can't wait to start my day off with a cup of coffee and a berry muffin.  With all the berries in the muffins, they must be good for me. 




So here I go again with my RADA Handi Stir.  Three times in one weekend.  This is incredible.
Fresh Berries chopped with my RADA Serrated Steak Knife
W105 $4.50
I love how the batter came out looking like it had Eyes.
This is only part of the finished product.   It was really good.

So now I'll share the recipe with you, since I know you will want to make these.  I wish I knew who to give credit to, but I didn't get the website that I found this recipe on. 

Berry Muffins

Ingredients
  • 1 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 eggs
  • 3/4 cup berries, cleaned and cut if needed
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
  2. Line jumbo muffin pan with paper liners.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt with wire whisk.
  4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add buttermilk, oil, extract and eggs. Stir just until combined.
  5. Fold in berries.
  6. Fill muffin liners 2/3 full with batter.
  7. Bake for 22- 25 minutes for jumbo muffins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  8. Remove from muffin tray and cool on a rack.
Quick notes
Handle the batter as little as possible – too much handling will cause the muffins to be tough.
Variations
use any berries or combination of berries you like.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6
    My recipe made 11 but I may not have put enough batter in each muffin.   I was trying to save calories.

Comments