Family Reunion 07.16.2011

I've known for several days that I would need to bake something special for my husband's family reunion.   I searched many blogs and had several options.   When I got home Friday, Joel, after hearing my options for a dessert, said that he wanted me to make my usual Peach Pie.

 So early Saturday morning before my first cup of Coffee, I started making the Peach Pie.
My Keurig making my coffee in my Corner Bakery Cafe coffee cup, which Joel begged to get at our last trip to Houston.  He has a fascination with restaurant coffee cups.  We have a collection and I'll blog about our travels and coffee cups.

Anyway, back to the dessert.  I got myself together and baked what turned out to the best Peach Pie that I've ever made and it was not my first.   Even though I've got three mixers (2 Kitchen Aid's and 1 Hamilton Beach), I love to use my RADA Cutlery Handi-Stir.   I love my RADA items and BTW I am a distributor for this company.  
R117 Handi-Stir $4.50
Well as usual I never let a dessert go out of my house until I have tasted to make sure it will be good enough.  By now I've not had a bad one, but it is a tradition that I've started and will probably continue unless I start to sell my desserts.


So now you see the before and after, prior to being delivered.   The pie plate was delivered back totally wiped out and a request for two next year.   Why won't they allow me to make something new.  Oh well, since I aim to please, I'll make whatever they ask.

I do want to share the recipe for all of you.   It was originally given to me by my oldest sister, Debbie Hollis.  I'm grately she gave that recipe to me.   I've had so many compliments and I owe them all to her.  Thanks Sis!

PEACH PIE
Preheat oven to 350 degree 
Mix the following together:
¾ cup flour
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 – 3 ounce package vanilla pudding and pie filling (Cook and Serve)
¼ cup sugar
1 egg

Pour this batter into greased 10” pie pan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 – 16 ounce can peaches (I use O'Sage Peaches)

Cut these up and place over the batter.  Reserve the juice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mix the following together:

½ cup sugar
1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese (soften in microwave)
3 tablespoons peach juice

Spread this mixture over peaches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mix the following together:

1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
 ****I will use the pre-mixed McCormick's Cinnamon Sugar as a short cut*****
Sprinkle on top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.  Serve warm.  

Great with ice cream or cool whip.


Comments